Dear Parents / Carers,
A very warm welcome back to all families. I hope you had a wonderful Easter break and have come back to school feeling refreshed and ready for what will be a very exciting and busy Summer Term.
It is with great sadness that I inform you that Mrs. Woods will be leaving us on Friday 5th May. Mrs. Woods has worked at Netheravon All Saints for 14 ½ years and I know you will all agree has been a huge asset to the school. Having worked with her since September, I am humbled to know the school administration has been in such dedicated and hardworking hands. Mrs. Woods has got to know children, parents and extended family who have all valued her warm welcome and expert knowledge. I know you will all join with me to wish Mrs. Woods much love and support as she enjoys more time for herself and family and wish her our sincere thanks for everything she has done for the school. We are hoping that in the interim of appointing a new administration officer, Mrs. Woods will come and work some afternoons with us. Mrs. Woods you will be truly missed and are always welcome at Netheravon.
Towards the end of last term, Mrs. Fanny Middleton stepped down from her position as Chair of Governors. Mrs. Middleton has been a wonderful leader in governance of the school and has lead governors, staff and families through some challenging and changing times which the school has experienced. We are all truly grateful for the dedication, time and support she has given to the school and remain thankful that she will continue to serve as a Foundation Governor on the Governing Body.
We extend a very warm welcome to Mrs. Dorothea Georgeson who has been successfully appointed as our new Chair of Governors. Mrs. Georgeson has had a wealth of experience in working with and leading Governors and schools. This is an exciting a new time in the governance of the school with many new members joining us – we thank them all for the time and dedication they give to the school. You will have seen many of the Governors at parent’s consultations and other school events, we aim to have active engagement with all stakeholders whenever possible.
CAR PARK, BIKES AND SCOOTERS
I would like to ask for your continued vigilance and support in keeping children safe when entering the gates and in the car park. Please make sure that children and siblings are not riding their bikes or scooters inside the school gates, car park or on the playground. This increases safety and the ability for drivers to see children more clearly. The bus lane must be kept clear, as must the turning circle to ensure the bus can move freely and safely in and out of the school. Thank you for your commitment to keeping our children safe.
I would also ask that parents, as well as teachers on duty remain vigilant that children do not climb on the tables underneath the canopy area. Not only could this damage the property itself which we would be unable to replace in the event of damage due to budget cuts, it could result in injury to the children. Safety is our priority so please help us to stop children from climbing on the tables.
We have lots of exciting learning and events planned for the next two terms. Our staff work incredibly hard to plan and deliver a range of engaging and exciting opportunities for all children. Please see some of the key dates for your diary below. As always, these will be added to as the term progresses and may be subject to change. More details about specific events will be given nearer the time. I have also included term dates for 2017-2018 which are set in line with Wiltshire County dates, and 2 of our 5 proposed TD days although these, along with the other 3 TD days will be confirmed towards the end of Term 6.
Thank you as always for your continued support and commitment to the school community. Working in partnership means we can provide our children with the best quality education possible and enable all to succeed.
Key Dates for Summer Terms Five and Six
- Monday 1st May – BANK HOLIDAY – School is closed
- Thursday 4th May – Year 4 Parent Consultations
- Monday 8th May – Thursday 11th May – Year 6 SATs Week
- Thursday 11th May – Year 4 Parent Consultations
- Monday 22nd May – Year 5/6 Plas Pencelli Parent Information Evening 6:30pm
- Friday 26th May – Term 5 ends at 3:15pm
- Monday 29th May – Friday 2nd June – HALF TERM
- Monday 5th June – TD Day – School closed to children
- Tuesday 6th June – Children return to school
- Monday 12th June – Friday 16th June – Year 1 Phonics Screening
- Monday 19th June – Friday 23rd June – Year 5/6 Residential to Plas Pencelli
- Wednesday 28th June – Year 5/6 Parent SRE Information Meeting 3:30pm
- Monday 3rd July – Friday 7th July – Sports Week
- Tuesday 4th July – Sports Day
- Monday 10th July – Annual reports sent to parents
- Wednesday 12th July – Moving up morning – Children to spend time with new teacher
- Wednesday 12th July – KS2 Summer show 1:45pm and 6:00pm
- Friday 14th July – Mufti Day,
- Friday 14th July – Summer Fair 3:30 onwards
- Wednesday 19th July – Year 6 Leavers Service in Church 11:00am
- Wednesday 19th July – Year 6 Leavers Assembly in School 2:00pm
- Wednesday 19th July – KS1 Summer Disco 4:30-5:30pm (PFTA)
- Wednesday 19th July – KS2 Summer Disco 6:00-7:00pm (PTFA)
- Thursday 20th July – BREAK UP FOR SUMMER 2pm finish