The government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address inequalities amongst young people and their families which put some students at risk of educational disadvantage.
Schools are at liberty to decide how best to use this Pupil Premium money for the benefit of students who need it most.
We aim to use the Pupil Premium funding to support us in our aim to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to succeed. We will do this by:
- maximising student academic success;
- ensuring the best possible learning experiences for all of our students;
- supporting students’ well-being and behaviour;
- ensuring equality of access to the curriculum and enrichment opportunities;
- supporting parents of students from disadvantaged backgrounds.